2018 CREW AUDITIONS
Fearaphobia, Australia’s only Sceam Park is now in its third years and is building to be the biggest & scariest event ever!!!
This year it’s going to be bigger and better than ever and we are looking for actors to perform in our mazes and attractions. We are looking for the best of the best!
If you are a Scare Actor, you will be placed in one of our terrifying attractions. From twisted clowns to the living-dead, our roles offer you the chance to shock and disturb any guest who dares step into your sight. That’s right, you get the chance to make people’s Nightmares come true!
As a Fearaphobia Actor, you can expect to:
- Perform in a terrifying scare maze.
- Work in a variety of environments including strobes, smoke and darkness.
- Wear masks, prosthetics, theatrical make-up and more.
- Work both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather and temperatures.
- Work long hours whilst performing a physically demanding, high-energy role.
Auditions take place at 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM on October 14th.
Scare Actors: You will need to be a talented, versatile and enthusiastic actor with previous experience and/or ability in improvisational theatre. Scare mazes are very demanding, so you will need to be physically fit with good stamina and endurance.
Fearaphobia will run on selected dates from Oct 18th through to October 27th. There will be rehearsals before these dates.
Dancers: We have a very limited number of positions available for some talented modern dancers. You will need to be available for the entire run to be able to take up a position.
Before you decide to step into the spotlight as a Fearaphobia Performer, think seriously about the job requirements. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you willing to work in dark, smoky and potentially claustrophobic conditions?
- Are you open to the possibility of wearing prosthetics, masks, contact lenses etc?
- Are you fit enough to work in a physically challenging role for long periods of time?
- Are you willing to work in a high-pressure environment where schedules, times and requirements are ever changing?
- Are you able to stay “In Character”, no matter what the circumstances?
- If the answer to all of those questions is ‘YES’ then you could be the perfect Cast Member for us!
What happens at the auditions?
We have a group briefing and we will give everyone a very short opportunity to scare us … You can do this if you have a special character you want to show us, but we may not go with it!
We are looking for people with the confidence and energy to put people out of their comfort zones. We need people who will delight in chasing poor visitors who want to be terrified. The more terrifying and creepy the better.
We also need people who can work well with other team members – there is no room for high-maintenance actors … and no time to stop between scares. High energy but high levels of fun.
Are there age restrictions?
The older you are the better! We do not employ any one who is under 16 years old and we have many roles only suitable for mature adults.
What do I need to bring to the audition?
- Your full address and contact details including photo ID.
- Proof of Age
- Commitment to being available for the duration of the event 18th-20th and 25th-27th October.
- Details of any other jobs you currently hold
- Full disclosure of any disabilities you may have or depression or any other issues that may impede your ability to fulfil your assigned tasks.
- To secure your audition please book in below!
Audition Booking Form
FIND US AT
(Opposite Clarendon Train Station)
CALL US: 1800 Halloween